Even with the buzz surrounding the expansion of 5G network services around the world, wired internet still remains a reliable way to enjoy internet for home and business use. Its simplicity is what makes it the ideal way to save on data costs without having to forego super-fast internet speeds.
Among major players in the Philippines is Converge ICT Solutions, commonly known as Converge, a reputed telecommunications service provider. Touted for operating fibre optic broadband networks, internet protocol television, cable television, and cable Internet, the company has been able to revolutionise the way Filipinos interact with the World Wide Web and consume media content.
Originally established in 2007 by Dennis Uy, Converge’s headquarters are currently situated in Makati City, Philippines. As of 2022, the enterprise covers more than five million homes across the country. Additionally, it is also one of the fastest-growing telecom networks in the country, featuring 50 per cent YoY (Year on Year) revenue growth in 2021. It was also the same year that Converge added over one million new customers to its ever-increasing brigade of users.
Converge is widely appreciated for its wide coverage area and competitive prices. However, in recent years, their service has taken a turn for the worse, with persistent technical issues and lackluster customer service. Customers have extensively complained about how Converge’s service is not as reliable as it used to be, as their broadband connection frequently loses connection throughout the day. Such a drawback makes it difficult for users to perform online activities such as gaming, downloading, and uploading data.
To further add salt to their wounds, the non-responsiveness of Converge’s customer care makes the overall interaction a lot more frustrating, especially for the end-user. Thus, if you have been at the receiving end of any of the above-mentioned issues, then the moment has finally arrived to switch your broadband operator. However, if you are worried about the cancellation process that you have to follow to get rid of Converge’s services, then be sure to go through our step-by-step guide listed below.
Know the Cancellation Terms For Converge ICT
Converge ICT’s cancellation terms state that customers must provide at least one month’s notice to the company before cancelling their broadband subscription. If the subscription is cancelled during the lock-in period, then a pre-termination fee will be levied on your account.
Additionally, the amount of the pre-termination fee will be equal to the monthly service fee multiplied by the total number of months remaining in the contract or lock-in period. Apart from that, customers are required to settle all outstanding balances before their subscriptions can be cancelled.
Cancellation requests can be registered simply by getting in touch with the company’s customer care and letting them know of your decision. Lastly, keep in mind that if you have any leased or rented equipment in your possession, such as routers, modems, Ethernet cables, etc., then the same must be returned to the company’s official address: Reliance IT Building, 99 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Brgy. Ugong Pasig City, Philippines. Non-return of rented equipment can lead to the addition of extra charges equal to the equipment’s value in the customer’s account.
Steps to Cancel Your Converge ICT Broadband
To cancel your Converge ICT broadband easily, simply follow the below-mentioned steps, and you will be good to go.
- Start the cancellation process by first calling the customer care service department at one of the following phone numbers: (02) 8667 0850, (045) 598 3000, or (0919) 057 2428. Phone lines are live throughout the day.
- Navigate through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) options and proceed to speak with a customer care executive.
- Once a customer care representative connects to your call, provide your account details and ask for cancellation. You will also be required to state the reason for your cancellation.
- The customer care representative will first verify the details of your account and let you know whether you are cancelling within your contract period and whether pre-termination charges will be levied or not.
- After that, the customer care executive will state the effective date of cancellation for your broadband service. Since you have to provide a one-month notice period before the termination of your service, your cancellation will become effective after one month from the date you register your cancellation request.
- Additionally, you will be provided instructions on how you can ship back your rented equipment to the company’s address so that you can avoid paying any charges for the equipment.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your registered email address stating the unpaid dues that you have to pay and the date when the cancellation comes into effect.
- Once you clear your due charges and return the leased equipment, your service will be deactivated.
For any further queries and assistance, you can get in touch with the company’s customer support on Twitter at @ExperienceCNVRG.