An household name in Pakistan, Ufone is a telecommunications service provider that first made its mark in 1994. Touted to be the third-largest cellular network operator in the country, the company has consistently offered exceptional services to its customers with a focus on innovation and user satisfaction.
Ufone delivers a wide range of voice and data services, including 4G LTE, 3G, and 2G services, thereby catering to the diverse needs of its customers. With a 20 per cent market share, the company showcases extensive network coverage that spans major cities and rural areas, ensuring connectivity for their subscribers wherever they go.
One of the many areas where Ufone sets itself apart from its competitors is its choice to provide affordable tariffs to customers while also maintaining the high-quality service standards. Their mobile plans have been expertly created to meet the requirements of different segments of society, from students and youth to business professionals. The company also offers a variety of value-added services, such as mobile banking and music streaming.
However, not every subscriber tends to have a rosy experience with Ufone’s service quality. Primary reports have suggested that users mostly complain about the company’s spotty network coverage in some rural areas and on the outskirts of big cities. In addition to that, customer service responses can also be slow and unresponsive at times, adding to user frustration. And its value-added services are not available in all areas of the country.
If you have been a loyal user of Ufone’s services and have lately noticed a drop in overall network quality, then a switch might be in order. Having said that, if you are looking for a seamless way to cancel or close your Ufone mobile number, then our step-by-step guide can prove to be immensely helpful.
What are the Cancellation Terms For Ufone
Ufone allows its customers to cancel their mobile services any time they want, either by contacting customer care or by visiting a Ufone store. The company’s cancellation policy states that if you cancel your service within seven days of activation, you will receive a refund for your SIM card fee. However, cancellation after seven days of activation will not provide you with a refund.
If you are on prepaid service, then you will not have to pay anything to cancel your mobile number. Alternatively, if you are a postpaid customer, then you will be responsible for clearing your outstanding balance or dues on your account before you will be able to cancel your service. Additionally, if you have any active subscriptions, you need to cancel them as well before you can register a cancellation request for your Ufone mobile number.
Know Steps to Cancel Your Ufone Number
Cancelling your Ufone number does not need to be that difficult. All you have to do is follow the recommended steps provided below, and you will be good to go.
How to Cancel via Phone
- First, you need to get in touch with Ufone customer care at 033-11-333-100. Phone lines are open 24×7.
- Navigate through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) options and proceed to speak to a customer care executive.
- Once a live agent connects to your call, provide your account details, such as your name, address, and CNIC number, so that your identity can be verified.
- After your identity verification is complete, proceed to ask for cancellation and also state your reason. However, the customer care representative may try to entice you with exclusive discounts or offers in the hope of retaining you as a subscriber. But if you have made up your mind, proceed with the cancellation.
- Lastly, once your cancellation request is registered, you will receive a confirmation message on your phone number. Expect a maximum time frame of 24 hours for the cancellation to be effective.
How to Cancel via Email
- Begin the cancellation procedure by first drafting an email from your email address.
- The email should contain your name, phone number, residential address, and CNIC number. Additionally, state your request for cancellation and the reasoning behind it as well.
- Once you have completed the draft, send it to the official customer care email address of Ufone at: [email protected].
- Wait for a follow-up message from customer care.
- After you receive the follow-up message, you will have to confirm your decision, after which your mobile number will be deactivated.
How to Cancel Through Ufone Stores
- Start your journey by looking for nearest Ufone outlet. To do that, you can use the official store locator here.
- On the landing page, provide your location name, and the online system will suggest a Ufone shop around you that you can easily visit.
- Once you have found your preferred store location, head over there with your mobile phone (containing the Ufone SIM card) and ID proof (CNIC card).
- The store representative will first verify your identity using your CNIC number. Once that is done, you will be able to request a cancellation.
- Finally, your mobile number will be deactivated on the spot without any hassle.
For any additional assistance, get in touch with the Ufone customer care on Twitter @Ufone.