There is no denying that since Amazon’s inception in 1995, the company has remained one of the major influencers in the e-commerce space. And one of the secrets behind Amazon’s long-term success is the way it evolved over the years and always valued customers over anything.
Market research suggests that more than 80 per cent of all consumers love shopping online, especially due to the massive increase in smartphone and internet usage. And since Amazon has been at the forefront of riding such a trend, the company cleverly incorporates products from multiple niches under one roof, so that customers do not have to scour the internet specifically for the products they want to buy.
Amazon US’s major product categories include clothing, home and kitchen, sports and outdoors, toys and games, beauty and personal care, office products, garden and outdoor, tools and home improvement, and pet supplies. Additionally, Amazon US accepts a variety of payment methods including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Amazon Gift Cards, US Checking Accounts and Amazon Store Cards.
What is Amazon US Cancellation Policy
Amazon orders can be safely cancelled before it has been shipped from the seller or the warehouse. However, once your order has been shipped, then you can either request cancellation (chances of success will be less) or proceed to reject receiving the package when it gets delivered to your home.
Refunds for your cancelled Amazon US orders will generally be processed within 3-5 days. Instant refunds to your Amazon Gift Balance will be processed within 2-3 hours. On the other hand, refunds to your credit card can take up to a maximum of 5 business days, while for debit cards it can take up to 10 business days.
How to Cancel and Obtain Refund Online
To cancel your Amazon US order and thereby opt for a refund, proceed to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the website and log in to your account.
- Once logged in, head over to your ‘Returns & Orders’ section and select the order you want to cancel.
- Then you have to click on ‘Cancel Items’ or ‘Cancel Order’. You can either select one or all of the items present in that order to cancel.
- You will be required to choose a ‘Cancellation Reason’ from the drop-down menu. However, this step is entirely optional.
- Finally, you can proceed to cancel your order.
- After you have submitted your request, you will be receiving a confirmation message for your cancellation as well as your refund details on your registered phone number and email id.
How to Cancel and Obtain Refund via Chat
In case you want to cancel your order and obtain a refund for the same through Amazon’s customer care chat service, then follow the subsequent steps.
- Head over to the main web page of the Amazon customer care.
- Proceed to sign in to your account and then select the ‘Something Else’ button.
- After that, select the ‘I Need More Help’ option so that you can launch the online chat functionality.
- You will be greeted with an online chatbot to help you solve any basic queries. If the online chatbot cannot fulfil your requirements, you can start chatting with a live Amazon customer care representative.
- To switch your chat to a live Amazon customer care representative, click on the ‘Chat With An Associate Now’ button at the bottom of the chat window. Alternatively, the online chatbot can also connect you to a live Amazon customer care representative if you keep selecting the chatbot answers that do not solve your problem.
- Proceed to ask the live Amazon customer care representative to cancel your order. You might be required to provide your order id if you have not provided the details before. The representative might also ask you about your cancellation reason.
- Once the cancellation request is received, you will be notified by the customer care representative as well as receive confirmation messages on your email and phone. Refund details will be shared with you as well.
How to Cancel and Obtain Refund via Phone
When trying to cancel your Amazon US order and obtain a refund via the customer care, carry out the following steps:
- Launch the dialer application on your phone and call Amazon customer care at 1-888-280-4331.
- Select the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) options as per your preference, so that you can start speaking to the customer care representative.
- Once you are on the call with the representative, proceed to present your order id and ask for cancellation.
- After your successful cancellation, you will receive a confirmation message for the order as well as your refund details on your registered email id and phone number.