Tokopedia is a digital marketplace and e-commerce platform created to help Indonesian businesses and individuals reach new customers online. With the use of cutting-edge technology, the company has been able to offer secure payment solutions, access to thousands of local and international products, and fast deliveries for its loyal users.
Launched in 2009, Tokopedia has since become one of the largest e-commerce organisations in Indonesia and one of the most well-known retail brands in Southeast Asia. Shoppers can purchase a variety of products on the platform seamlessly, including electronics, fashion, home and living, toys, groceries, and more.
In addition to that, Tokopedia offers a plethora of payment methods for customers to pay for their orders. These include debit and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, JCB, and American Express), e-wallets (OVO, GoPay, DANA, and LinkAja), bank transfers, cash on delivery, and instalment payments (Kredivo, Indodana, and Home Credit).
Having said that, if you have recently shopped on Tokopedia but have now decided to cancel your order and obtain a refund, then our step-by-step order cancellation guide can prove to be a lifesaver.
What is Tokopedia’s Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Tokopedia allows its customers to cancel their orders instantly within a maximum of seven hours after a verified payment has been issued for the order. Such a time limit will be increased to ten hours for “Platinum” and “Diamond” members of the platform. Additionally, normal members cannot apply for more than two cancellations within a month, which gets increased to five cancellations for “Platinum” and “Diamond” members.
However, it should be kept in mind that the instant order cancellation feature will be unavailable if the seller has already started processing the order or you have already submitted a cancellation for the order previously. Additionally, the seller has the right to refuse an order cancellation from the buyer for any specific reason. In such cases, the seller will continue processing the order as usual, and you will be able to monitor your order status.
If you are unable to use the instant order cancellation feature or the same is unavailable, then you need to initiate a refund request on your order, based on whether your order has been delivered or not. Order refund requests initiated through Tokopedia are pretty straightforward, and refunds will be either credited to the payment source originally used to pay for the order or to your Tokopedia Balance.
Talking about refunds, you can expect the credit timeline to vary based on the payment method used. For instance, refunds via bank transfer or TokoPoints (Tokopedia Balance) will be carried out in real-time, while for debit and credit card refunds, the timeline can be up to 14 working days. To know more about the different refund timelines for various payment options on Tokopedia, visit the website.
Steps to Cancel Order and Get a Refund
Now that you are well-accustomed to what the order cancellation policy of Tokopedia entails, you can go ahead and register your cancellation request through the below-mentioned steps.
If you are looking to instantly cancel your order, then follow the steps provided below.
- Start the cancellation process by heading over to the official website here. Alternatively, you can also use the Tokopedia smartphone app on your Android or iOS device.
- Proceed to first sign in to your account using your phone number or email address.
- Once logged in, head over to “Purchases” and look for the order you want to cancel. After you have found your preferred order, click on “Order Status”.
- A new web page will open, and from there you will be able to click on the “Request Cancellation” button. A pop-up window will open where you have to fill in your reason for cancellation. Once done, click on “Submit”.
- Your order cancellation request will be successfully registered, and the same will be forwarded to the seller. The seller will be given a maximum of 48 hours to respond to the request. If the seller fails to respond to the request within 48 hours, then the order will be automatically cancelled.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered phone number and email address if the cancellation is successful. Additionally, you will receive the refund details as well.
Cancelling by Submitting a Refund Request
If you were unable to instantly cancel your order and did not receive it within the estimated time provided by the relevant courier, then you can submit a refund request by following the steps below.
- Begin the cancellation procedure by first heading over to the official website here. Proceed to sign in to your Tokopedia account.
- After logging in, head over to your purchases and look for the order you want to refund. Then click on “Order Status”.
- Under “Order Status,” select “Complain > Shipping Cost Constraints and Product Constraints”. From the status section, select “Not Arrived” and write the details of your problem.
- In the next step, under “Choice of Solutions,” opt for the option to request your money back. Proceed to enter the refund amount (which should not exceed the transaction value).
- Then click on “Create Complaint > Yes”. Once your refund request is registered, you will receive a confirmation message at your email address.
- If the seller approves your refund request, then your complaint will be considered complete and the refund will be credited to your Tokopedia Balance.
Cancelling by Submitting a Refund Request (If Item Has Arrived)
If you were unable to cancel your order instantly but still received the item(s) in the mail, then you can submit a refund request by following the subsequent steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit the official website here.
- On the landing page, proceed to log in to your Tokopedia account.
- Once signed in, head over to your purchases and look for the order you want to refund. Then click on “Order Status > Complain”.
- A pop-up window will open, and from there, select “Arrived”. After that, you have to select the problem you are facing. If you have problems with the goods, then you need to select “Product Constraints”. However, if you have problems with the price of the goods and their shipping costs, select “Shipping Cost Constraints”.
- Once done, under “Continue To Select Solution,” select the option for requesting your money back. Additionally, you have to either upload photos of the product (for product constraints) or upload a photo of the receipt (for shipping constraints). Finally, click on “Create Complaint > Yes”.
- The seller will have 72 hours to respond to your request, and once the seller agrees to your refund request, your refund will be credited to your Tokopedia Balance.
For any additional queries, feel free to get in touch with the Tokopedia customer care team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.