For avid movie fanatics and entertainment enthusiasts, Cinemark is a name that needs no introduction. The leading movie theater chain in the US offers an exciting way for anyone to enjoy a cinematic experience of their favourite movie series.
The journey of Cinemark started in the 1960s when entrepreneur Lee Roy Mitchell established the Mitchell Theatres. The business kicked off with operations in California, Texas, and Utah. By 1972, Mitchell Theatres was renamed to Texas Cinema Corporation. Over the years, the company continued to expand its presence across the country, which ultimately resulted in its expansion to Latin America.
Presently, Cinemark is touted to be one of the largest movie theater chains across the globe, with a combined total of more than 500 theaters and 5,800 screens across the United States and Latin America. Such a strong presence helped the company gain close to 30 per cent market share in the movie industry while also continuing to provide a premium movie-watching experience.
With innovations such as Cinemark XD, users can enjoy larger screens, reclining seats, and enhanced sound reproduction for their favourite movies. In addition to that, the company also deploys loyalty and discount programmes so that its customers can save money on ticket prices.
Having said that, if you are a college student you can save big on the tickets by taking advantage of the student discounts. Simply carry your college ID to participating locations across the country to not only save on tickets but also on popcorn and beverages. Our step-by-step guide in the below section has more details.
How Students Can Save on Tickets at Cinemark?
With Cinemark, there are multiple ways you can save on ticket prices, especially if you are a student. College-goers enjoy discounted movie tickets at participating Cinemark theaters.
Eligible students can watch any movie at any showtime and in their preferred format (standard or premium). However, students need to reproduce a valid student ID to obtain the aforementioned discounts and benefits. The valid ID must be presented at the box office of participating theaters, and after verification, the student will be allowed to purchase tickets at a discounted rate.
Additionally, student discount prices will not be valid for special engagements or advance showings of new movie releases. Thus, if you are planning to apply for a student discounted ticket on Cinemark for the movie of your choice, then you can easily do so by following the below-mentioned steps.
- The first step involves locating a nearby participating Cinemark theater that offers student discounts on tickets. To do that, visit the official website here.
- Upon visiting the aforementioned website, the online system will detect your location automatically and suggest a nearby Cinemark theater that supports student discounts. Otherwise, you will need to enter your postal code so that the booking portal can display the results.
- Click on the suggested movie theater, and a new web page will open where all the show times will be revealed (based on the movie that the theater is running).
- On the right-hand side of your screen, click on “Theatre Info,” and you will be able to see the address of the participating theater with its phone number and email address. Proceed to note down the details and head over to the venue with your student ID.
- At the theater location, present your student ID at the box office for verification.
- Once verification is complete, choose your movie, the show time, and the seating position inside the auditorium for which you want to buy your tickets. Proceed to pay the ticket price on the spot.
- That’s it! Now you can enjoy your movie. Additionally, you can also purchase snacks and beverages of your choice.
Other Ways to Save at Cinemark
Besides saving your hard-earned money via Cinemark Student Discount programmes, you can also save money on your ticket purchases by keeping an eye out for eligible coupons to be used on your purchases. Simply enter the coupon code during the checkout process when buying tickets online at Cinemark, and you will be good to go.
In addition to that, Cinemark also offers a premium “Movie Club” membership plan for $9.99 (excluding taxes) per month or $109.89 (excluding taxes) a year. With the “Movie Club” subscription plan, you will be able to enjoy free movie tickets every month (with unused rollover), discounts on snacks, waived online booking fees, and earn points for movie purchases.
For any additional queries or assistance, you can get in touch with the company’s customer support at 1-800-CINEMARK (1-800-246-3627).