One smartphone that was balanced with features and price in this year’s Samsung S series line up has to be the Galaxy S21+. Sure the Ultra model is fancy, bigger and has a few extra features. But do we always use a 100 times zoom? Do we really need that extra screen when we already have a very impressive screen size with the Plus model? Hence, the Samsung Galaxy S21+ is the perfect choice for people who want to own a flagship grade smartphone that would also cost less.
The Galaxy S21+ comes with Samsung’s Exynos 2100 5G SOC and the Snapdragon 888 in some countries with 8 GB of RAM and up to 256 GB of storage. The phone comes with One UI 3.0 running under android 11 out of the box. It sports an immersive super AMOLED punch-hole display of 6.7 inches with 120 Hz refresh rate. All this is bundled with a 4800 mAH battery which will not disappoint even heavy users and gamers. The cameras are flagship grade and the 64-12-12 Megapixel camera sensor carry out the job flawlessly. The smartphone is available in Phantom Black, Phantom Violet and Phantom Silver colour options and has all the ingredients to be a perfect phone.
Battery Draining Issue:
One of the few reasons, why a user would pay more for the plus model over the base S21 is the extended battery capacity. But few users at GuidetoRoot pointed out that few of the units of Galaxy S21+ are having unusual battery discharge issue. This could vary according to usage but there are few solutions that you could try from your end.
- Restrict background running of third party apps which consume power continuously in the background.
- You can also try factory resetting you pone once, after saving your data, to rectify any bug causing this.
- Look out for Samsung’s OTA updates for such bugs. Usually these problems are acknowledged at the earliest by their service team and you would get an update for this.
- If the battery still drains dramatically, get your phone to the service centre and get it repaired or replaced.
One UI 3.0 Lag Issue:
This issue was also seen in some of the base S21 models as well, where users find their interface lagging while opening apps. Though some users who wrote in Samsung Community reported that their issue significantly dropped with basic workarounds.
- Remove all the third party theme apps and launchers if you have installed any. The smartphone is designed perfectly the way its stock form feels like and secondary launchers lag over your operating system.
- Both Galaxy S21 and S21+ can receive Samsung’s bug fix update once the developers start taking a note of this.
This has been noticed by a lot of users playing games on their phone. Whenever a heavy/large game is running, the game tends to crash after a point of time. This issue is very frustrating considering the fact that you pay a premium for a top-end smartphone.
- Notice that your software is up to date with Samsung’s latest release for the S21+ variant.
- Do not use power saving mode while playing battery consuming games. This would turn down the game’s optimisation in order to save power and your game would crash umpteen times.
Bluetooth Connection Lag:
Expert reviewers from Rooting Tips detected an issue with Bluetooth connectivity. This was seen in few units where it becomes very difficult to pair with third party portable speakers and the connection drops multiple times.
- The connectivity issue can be for one particular device, so make sure to check with multiple devices before taking it seriously.
- Try resetting your Bluetooth settings to default and pair again to see if the problem still persists.
- Look out for bug fixes by the manufacturer and install them OTA, or you can reach out to Samsung Chat Bot to get support on same.
Contacting Customer Support:
Samsung’s customer service and after sales service is offered in various mediums, and each one of them serve perfectly for their purpose.
- The Samsung Community discussion threads brings out a number of issues to light. This not only helps troubleshoot but also guides fellow users to apply the solutions.
- WhatsApp, telephone, email and social media support under the handle @samsung are other mediums where you could reach support for troubleshootin.
- Easy pick up and drop service is also available for repairs and replacement at the user’s doorstep.
- Lastly, Samsung service centres are located at feasible locations and can be accessed anytime for troubleshooting, repairs, replacement and warranty claims.