The introduction of online streaming platforms has changed the way we consume media and entertainment these days. Back in the day, a new movie release meant something special. But, over time, the charm of the “big screens” has slowly withered away as consumers become accustomed to the technological advancements being made in the space of home entertainment systems.
However, in recent times, movie theatres have slowly become more popular as people try to shake off an almost three-year hiatus, courtesy of COVID-19 norms and lockdowns. Regal Cinemas, with its chain of over 7,000 screens in the US, UK, and Canada, is becoming a favourite destination for movie watchers.
Originally founded in 1983, Regal Cinemas continues to be one of the largest movie theatre chains in the world, featuring the company’s signature movie format, known as the Regal RPX. Additionally, support for IMAX, 4DX, and ScreenX auditoriums is also provided in select locations.
Apart from offering a state-of-the-art moviegoing experience, Regal Cinemas has also implemented several user amenities, such as online ticketing, reserved seating, and in-theatre dining. There is also a loyalty programme for people who regularly use the company’s services, known as the Regal Crown Club, which is provided at no extra cost.
With that being said, if you are currently a student and are looking to save on your pocket money, then the moment has arrived to benefit from the student discount programme offered by Regal Cinemas. We have created a step-by-step guide that you can follow to watch your favourite movie at discounted prices.
How Students Can Save on Tickets at Regal Cinemas?
According to the rules set by Regal Cinemas, eligible student discounts on movie tickets are only available at participating theatre locations, and to obtain such benefits, students must present their valid student IDs at the box office. The presentation of such student IDs should only be made at the time of ticket purchase so that the on-site verification process can be completed.
In addition to the above-mentioned clause, the student ID must contain a photo for verification purposes; otherwise, the same would not be accepted at the box office. Now that you have a good idea of what to expect when obtaining the student discount benefits at Regal Cinemas, it is time to follow the essential steps to get you started.
- First, head over to the official website here.
- On the landing page, you will be presented with a list of theatre locations that support student discount pricing. Theatres will be segregated based on different states in the US.
- Browse through the locations and proceed to click on your preferred theatre option.
- A new web page will open, showcasing the various movies that are currently running at the theatre and the different showtimes for each movie based on the date you have selected. Additionally, you can also filter your selection based on “Screening Type”.
- Once you have a pretty good idea of the showtime for the movie that you are planning to watch, scroll down to the bottom of the web page to reveal the address of the theatre along with its contact number. Proceed to note down the credentials so that your journey becomes easier.
- After that, head over to the venue with your student ID and present it at the box office.
- Once verification is complete, purchase your movie tickets at a discounted rate based on your preferred showtime and seating arrangement.
- Lastly, enjoy your movie, just like you always wanted.
Other Ways to Save at Regal Cinemas
Apart from offering student discounts, Regal Cinemas also offers discounted movie ticket prices for active or retired military veterans. Military discounts are only available at the box office, and a valid ID must be presented at the time of movie ticket purchases. To learn more about the participating theatre locations for military discounts, visit here.
In addition to that, moviegoers can also take advantage of various coupons and promo codes on offer for Regal Cinemas while purchasing tickets online. Third-party coupon aggregator websites such as Groupon can be a great way to find the ideal coupon that you might be looking for.
Lastly, Regal Cinemas has also introduced the Regal Crown Club Programme, which is a free membership plan where users can earn 100 credits for every $1 spent on tickets and concessions. The credits can then be used to purchase posters, art prints, and unique movie merchandise.
Additionally, members also get access to exclusive deals, such as 25 per cent off candy purchases or 50 per cent off popcorn (every Tuesday). You will also be able to take advantage of Regal’s Value Days, where movie tickets in any regular format will be available for a discounted rate. Finally, your membership tier will upgrade with every visit you make to one of Regal’s movie theatres.