Hutchison 3G UK Limited or commonly known as Three UK is an internet and telecommunications provider based in the United Kingdom. The headquarters of the company is based in Reading, England. As of the year 2021, Three UK is the fourth largest mobile network in the United Kingdom, with a total subscriber base of 9.5 million. The company was first launched in 2003 as the first commercial 3G network in the United Kingdom, and since then have been upgraded to provide 4G and 5G network services as well.
So, if you have been an avid user of Three UK and are still unsatisfied with the telecom services provided, then it makes sense to look for a better alternative. From experiencing poor coverage most of the time to dealing with costly yet unworthy mobile plans – the list can be endless. Hence, if you are contemplating how you can cancel or deactivate your Three UK number and thereby move to a different mobile carrier, then you have arrived at the correct place.
But, before you decide to cancel or deactivate your Three UK number, do remember that you need to settle your outstanding amount. Otherwise, your deactivation request would not be counted. To learn about the outstanding amount in your account, all you have to do is to message INFO as well as your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 85075. A final bill will be sent to you as a confirmation, once your service deactivation is effective.
How to Cancel or Deactivate Three UK Online
If you are planning to deactivate your Three UK number online, then be sure to follow the necessary steps below.
- Firstly, you have to log in to your Three UK account here. In case you do not have an account, then you can always proceed to register a new account using your Three UK phone number.
- Once logged in, the first step should be to turn off any auto-pay system that you already have enabled. You can do that by heading over to your account settings.
- After you have turned off the auto-pay system, you can now proceed to cancel or deactivate your Three UK number. The option for the same can be found in the account settings as well.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your phone number mentioning the effective date for deactivation.
How to Cancel or Deactivate Three UK via SMS
To cancel your Three UK number via SMS, proceed to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn on your mobile phone and head over to the messaging application.
- Type STAC along with your date of birth in DDMMYY format. Once done, you have to send the message to 75075.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation message on your phone number notifying the exact date of cancellation or deactivation.
How to Cancel or Deactivate Three UK via Phone
When trying to cancel your Three UK number via phone, it is recommended to follow the below-mentioned process.
- Unlock your mobile phone and head over to the dialer application.
- If you have your Three SIM inserted into your phone, then dial 333. Otherwise, dial 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.
- Proceed to ask the customer care representative to cancel or deactivate your Three UK number. The representative will ask for customer identification as well as the reason for leaving the telecom services of Three UK. Furthermore, the customer care representative may also entice you with special offers, so that you can reconsider your decision.
- In case you do not want to reconsider and instead go ahead with your decision, then you can register your final say for cancellation.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation message on your phone number mentioning the effective date of cancellation.