Being a part of the Asian subcontinent, Indonesia has always been known for its rich culinary heritage and diverse flavors. And while this might not seem like the most natural fit for a global fast-food chain such as McDonald’s, there is no denying that the company has thrived in the country for more than past three decades.
McDonald’s introduction to the Indonesian market came in 1991, when it opened its first store in the heart of Jakarta. Back in those days, the company’s menu only mirrored the American counterpart. But, over time, adjustments were made to make the recipes more tailored to the Indonesian crowds. For instance, the introduction of rice-based dishes and bold spices paved the way for a new experience, which not only resonated with Indonesian palates but also showed McDonald’s willingness to embrace local roots.
Today, McDonald’s is one of the largest and most popular fast-food retail chains in Indonesia. However, the company still suffers from quality control issues from time to time, leading to customer frustration and complaints. If you are one of them who recently had a bad experience eating at McDonald’s Indonesia, then our thorough guide can help you register a complaint with the proper authorities for immediate action.
Here are the 3 Ways to Complain
McDonald’s Indonesia allows various ways for its customers to get in touch with – whether it is related to an issue or a complaint/feedback they want to share. To find out the different processes, follow the steps outlined below.
How to Complain Online
- Begin by first heading over to the official ‘Contact Us’ page here.
- You will be provided with a web form that you need to fill out, which you can start by first stating your full name, mobile number, and email address.
- After that, choose a ‘Topic’ from the drop-down menu, which states the reason why you are contacting them. For example, if you are to share a complaint, then select ‘Complaint’. Once done, you need to choose the area you are based in and then select the outlet from which you made the purchase.
- Lastly, you need to type in your complaint in the message box. Ensure that you provide your order ID and any additional details that can help customer support provide you with a quick solution. After that, click on ‘Send’ and your complaint will be registered on their online system.
Now all you have to do is wait for a follow-up response from the company’s customer care department.
How to Complain Over the Phone
- First, you need to make a phone call to McDonald’s Indonesia delivery services at 14045.
- Once you are on the phone, select the appropriate option so that your call gets forwarded to a customer service agent.
- As soon as a customer service representative connects to your call, state that you want to register a complaint and then provide your name, phone number, order ID, and the problem you have faced. Try to be as short, precise, and to the point as you can.
- Once your side of the story is heard by the customer care representative, you will either be provided with a solution over the phone immediately or will be asked to wait for an official response from the company’s customer care department regarding the matter.
How to Complain at the Nearest Outlet
- Start by first locating a nearby McDonald’s outlet around you in Indonesia via the official store directory.
- Browse through the list of options, and once you have found your preferred one, head over there.
- At the store, talk with the head receptionist and state that you want to register a complaint. After that, follow the necessary steps to register your complaint successfully.
- Based on the severity of your issue, the store receptionist will either provide you with a solution on the spot or will ask you to wait for an official response from the company’s customer support team.
Some Common Customer Grievances
As a family-centric fast-food chain, McDonald’s has always been about providing stellar-quality products at affordable prices with top-notch customer service. However, lately, the company’s quality control has taken a backseat, and the same can be identified through the increase in customer complaints over the years.
The first and foremost area of concern for most customers has been its official online ordering app (available on Android and Apple devices). People have complained that the app is a web app and not an app that is specifically made for smartphones from the ground up, leading to slow performance, bugs, and glitches. The poor experience has led to users not being able to login to their accounts, place orders correctly, track deliveries seamlessly, and even apply promotions.
Aside from the lackluster app experience, McDonald’s Indonesia has also been a subject of criticism when it comes to staff service at their outlets, where customers often complain about unprofessionalism and long waiting times. In addition to that, food is also served cold and late, leading to a massive drop in user satisfaction and overall experience.
Besides the aforementioned issues, some McDonald’s Indonesia outlets are also criticized for providing misinformation to customers and serving wrong orders. So, it makes sense that you properly utilize the given channels of communication and let your voice be heard for improvements.