Touted as the world’s largest furniture retailer since 2008, Ikea is a Swedish multinational conglomerate. Headquartered in Delft, Netherlands, the company is known for providing affordable and high-quality home goods. Apart from furniture, Ikea sells decoration supplies, kitchen appliances, home accessories, and other home goods as well.
In 1985, Ikea launched its first store in the United States, and since then it has become a symbol of modern functionality coupled with Scandinavian-styled designs that continue to grow in popularity. From living room sets to garden accessories, every item that Ikea sells has been designed to make life at home easier and better-looking, something that their US customers truly appreciate.
Additionally, with the launch of Ikea’s online store and the selection of pickup locations around the country, the company has become one of the most popular names for shopping furniture. Plus, the combination of great quality products at low prices has made casual shoppers and interior design enthusiasts appreciate what Ikea brings to the US market.
Before you make any purchase from the Ikea US store, do note that the payment methods available include credit and debit cards from major vendors (Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.), Ikea gift cards, Ikea refund cards, PayPal, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
What is Ikea US’ Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Ikea US allows its customers to cancel an order before shipment. However, if an order is cancelled after the product has been shipped, Ikea will only refund the total amount of the product (its total value) and will not refund the shipping fees. And when it comes to refunds, you can expect your amount to be credited to the same form of payment originally used to make the purchase.
How to Cancel Order and Get Refund Online?
If you want to cancel your Ikea US order online and thereby obtain a refund, then you can do so by following the steps provided below.
- Start the order cancellation process by heading over to the “Track & Manage My Order” page here.
- On the landing page, you will have two options to select from: “Track Order” and “See All Your Orders”. If you want to cancel only one order, then you can select the former option. Otherwise, for more than one order, the latter option is more viable.
- If you are selecting “Track Order”, then you have to provide your order number and the registered phone number or email address used to place the order. On the other hand, if you select “See All Your Orders”, then you need to log in to your Ikea account using your registered email address and password.
- Once you complete the above-mentioned actions, you will be able to view and manage your order(s). From there, proceed to cancel your order.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email address once the cancellation is successful.
How to Cancel Order and Get Refund via Phone?
If you are unaccustomed to canceling your order online and want to connect to a customer service executive via phone, then you can do so by carrying out the suggested steps below.
- First, you have to dial 1-888-888-4532 to connect to the Ikea US customer department. Phone lines are open from 9 AM to 10 PM (ET), from Sunday to Saturday.
- Navigate through the on-call options and select the option to talk to a customer service executive.
- Once a live agent connects to your call, provide your order ID as well as the email address that was used to place the order and ask for a cancellation.
- After your identity is verified, the customer service agent may also ask you the reason for your cancellation.
- Once your order is successfully cancelled, you will receive a confirmation email along with the refund details.
How to Cancel Order and Get Refund via Chat?
If you want to chat with an Ikea US customer support agent about cancelling and getting a refund for your order, then follow the steps below carefully.
- To start a chat with a live customer care agent, visit the official web page here.
- Under the sub-heading, “Chat With A Co-Worker”, select the option to “Start Chat”. Online chat is available from 8 AM to 12 AM (ET) all days of the week.
- Once you are connected to chat with a customer care executive, provide your order ID and registered email address. Then ask the agent to cancel your order.
- After the customer service agent verifies the order ID, the same will be cancelled instantly.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation message on your email address regarding the cancellation and refund.