When it comes to providing exceptional cellular services in Pakistan, Mobilink has been a torchbearer for the last two decades. Since its inception, the company has maintained its commitment to providing seamless connectivity, quality services, and unmatched network coverage to its customers. As a result, Mobilink has been able to offer services that can cater to the diverse needs of its users having varying lifestyles.
Originally established in 1994, Mobilink has revolutionised the way people communicate and connect. However, in 2017, the brand was merged with Warid Pakistan to form Jazz. Featuring more than 75 million subscribers, the company offers its 4G network services across over 100 different towns and cities and is soon to launch its 5G services.
Jazz has always been recognized for its wide network coverage, competitive plan pricing, proper customer service, and commitment to innovate over time. However, on the flip side, users have also complained about its high data charges, billing errors, and slow data speeds across the rural areas of Pakistan. With that being said if any of the above-mentioned cons have been bothering you for quite some time, then our comprehensive step-by-step guide can prove to be noteworthy in cancelling your Jazz number right away.
Know the Cancellation Terms for Jazz
Jazz’s cancellation terms vary according to the type of subscription. If you are a prepaid customer, then you have the freedom to cancel your service at any moment without any penalty. However, keep in mind that you will not be able to use your number or receive any calls or messages once the number is cancelled or closed.
On the other hand, if you are a postpaid customer, then you have to clear or pay any outstanding balance in your account before you can cancel your number or service. Once you have cleared all your dues, your number will be deactivated within 24 hours. Additionally, for postpaid customers, you also have to return your SIM card after successful deactivation.
Lastly, remember that if you cancel your plan within 14 days of activation, you will be eligible for a refund. The amount of the refund will depend on the type of plan you are using and how long you have been using it.
Follow Our Steps to Cancel Your Jazz Number
If you have finally decided to close your Jazz number, then you can do so by following the below-mentioned steps carefully.
Cancelling via Phone
- Start the cancellation process by getting in touch with Jazz’s customer care at 111 for existing customers or 021 111 300 300/ 042 111 300 300 from any other network. Phone lines are open 24 hours a day.
- Navigate through the on-call options and proceed to speak to a customer care executive.
- Once a customer care agent connects to your call session, provide your account details and ask for cancellation.
- The customer care representative will first verify your identity and, after that, ask you the reason for your cancellation. Additionally, the customer care agent may also entice you with special offers in the hope of retaining you as a paying customer. However, if you have made up your mind, you can push for the cancellation request.
- The support executive will register a cancellation request on your account, and the same will be confirmed via a message on your phone number. Lastly, you can expect deactivation within the next 24 hours.
Cancelling via Email
- Begin your journey by first drafting an email from your registered email address.
- The email should contain your name, phone number (that you want to cancel), address, and the reason for your cancellation. Additionally, you can also provide ID proof, such as a scanned copy of your CNIC (Computerised National Identity Card).
- After you have drafted the email, send it to the official email address: email@example.com.
- Wait for a follow-up confirmation message from the Mobilink (Jazz) customer care team.
- Once you receive the confirmation message, your mobile number will be cancelled within the subsequent 24 hours.
Cancelling at Nearest Store
- First, you need to find a nearby Jazz store. To do that, visit the official franchise locator here.
- On the landing page, enter your city name or postcode, and the online system will suggest nearby stores that you can visit.
- Once you have found your preferred store, head over to it with your mobile phone containing the Mobilink SIM card along with an ID proof (a photocopy of your CNIC).
- At the store, ask the representative to assist you with the cancellation process. The customer care executive will first verify your identity and then proceed with the cancellation.
- Finally, your Jazz mobile number will be deactivated on the spot, and the same will become effective within the next 24 hours.
For any additional assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch with Jazz customer care on Twitter @jazzpk.