Amazon Canada was launched in 2002, bringing Canadians the extravagant convenience, selection and value of Amazon’s shopping experience. As a part of its launch, the company also tied up with Canada Post Corporation to handle the logistics process. It all started with a curated selection of 1.5 million products on offer across a wide range of categories such as CDs, books, videos and DVDs in a variety of different languages such as French and English, and the collection continued to steadily grow over the years.
As the e-commerce industry exploded over the last few years, more than 28 million Canadians has been shopping on Amazon Canada on an annual basis. Not to mention, the company also employs more than 25,000 Canadians. As of the year 2021, it operates 46 delivery facilities across the country with total sales of over 110 million products. The potential revenue enjoyed by Amazon Canada is more than 1.85 billion USD, which is also rapidly increasing every year.
The current major product categories on Amazon Canada include Kindle readers, Amazon-branded smart speakers and tablets, books, electronics, video games, music and movies, computers and office equipment, home and garden supplies, pet supplies, health and beauty, sports and outdoor equipment, clothing and toys. Additionally, the supported payment methods include Amazon Wallet, Amazon Gift Cards and credit/debit cards from major vendors such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
What is the Order Cancellation Policy
Amazon Canada allows you to cancel any order before it gets shipped. However, in any case, if the order status cannot be modified, then the company recommends either refusing the package during delivery or returning the ordered item(s) using the specified return procedure. Do remember that items are qualified for returns within only 30 days of delivery.
As for refunds, Amazon Canada issues refunds within 14 days of cancellation or return of the ordered item(s). The same will also be communicated to you with an automated e-mail. Additionally, you can expect the refund to be credited to your source of payment that was used to pay for the order within a maximum of 7 business days from the date when the refund is issued by Amazon Canada.
How to Cancel and Get Refund For Order Online
To cancel and get a refund for your Amazon Canada order online, be sure to carry out the suggested steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to log in to your Amazon Canada account here.
- After you have signed in, head over to the ‘Returns & Orders’ tab. From there, look for the order you want to cancel.
- Click on ‘Order Details’ and from there select ‘Cancel Items’. Now, you have to check the items that you want to cancel. For instance, if you want to cancel the entire order, proceed to select all the items. Finally, click on ‘Cancel’.
- Once you submit a cancellation request, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered email address.
- Finally, after successful cancellation, another confirmation message will be sent to your email address along with the refund details.
How to Cancel and Get Refund via Support
If you would like to cancel and get a refund for your Amazon Canada order via Amazon’s customer care support, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To start the cancellation process, first, you have to sign in to your Amazon account.
- Once logged in, head over to the ‘Contact Us’ page here.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Something Else’. A new web page will open where the online system will ask you to pick the topic you need help with. From the selection menu, click ‘I Need More Help’. You will be then prompted to either request a callback from the Amazon customer care team or proceed to start an online chat session.
- Select your preferred mode of communication and then proceed to provide your order details to the connected customer care representative. Additionally, ask for a cancellation of the order as well.
- The connected support agent may ask the reason for your cancellation. Also, do provide any additional information that might be required for cancelling the order. After that, your order will be cancelled and you will receive a confirmation message on your registered email address, along with the refund details.
How to Cancel and Get Refund Through Returns
If your Amazon Canada order cannot be cancelled by either of the above-mentioned methods, then you have to follow the recommended process below.
- Allow your ordered item(s) to first reach your doorstep.
- Once you receive your ordered item(s), start a return by first signing into your Amazon Canada account.
- Head over to the ‘Returns & Orders’ tab and look for the order you want to return. Then select ‘Return Items’ and then check the items you want to return from that order.
- Schedule a pickup for the return and then proceed to hand over the items when the delivery executive arrives at your place.
- Once the return process is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered email address along with the refund information.