The Home Depot was founded in 1978 by business partners Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus. The goal was to create a revolutionary hardware store that can sell home improvement goods. By 1979, the company already had two stores under its belt, which were 60,000 square feet in size and could stock more than 25,000 products.
Over time, The Home Depot expanded to become the world’s largest home improvement retailer, possessing more than 2,300 stores in the United States, Mexico and Canada. A typical The Home Depot store today has an average indoor retail space of 105,000 square feet. Additionally, the company has also launched its e-commerce business offering more than one million products for customers who are into DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects.
As of the current day, the major product categories include home decor, furniture and kitchenware, project calculators, appliances, cleaning essentials, electrical supplies, hardware supplies, lighting and ceiling fans, garden essentials, smart home and plumbing. Apart from that, the primary payment options include debit and credit cards from major vendors (such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), reloadable gift cards and PayPal.
Know the Order Cancellation Policy
If you have ordered any product from The Home Depot’s e-commerce website, then a maximum 45-minute window is provided for cancelling your order. The 45-minute window begins from the moment you have placed your order. Once the aforementioned timeline passes, the order cannot be cancelled.
In that case, it is requested that customers first accept the delivery of the order and then return any unwanted items they want (based on The Home Depot return policy). Do remember that all unopened, new merchandise that is sold by The Home Depot can be easily returned within 90 days of purchase.
The Home Depot issues refunds to the original payment method for payments made with credit/debit cards and PayPal. For purchases that are made using a gift card or store credit, it will be refunded as a store credit.
How to Cancel The Home Depot Order on Web
To cancel and get a refund for your order online, you will need to follow the recommended steps mentioned below.
- Begin the cancellation process by signing into your The Home Depot account here.
- Once signed in, head over to your ‘My Account’ section and then click ‘Track Order’.
- Look for the order that you are planning to cancel and then click on ‘Order Details’. Under order details, you will find the ‘Cancel Item’ button.
- Proceed to cancel your order. Cancellation is allowed within 45 minutes of placing the order.
- Finally, your order will be cancelled and you will receive a confirmation message on your registered email address or phone number. Refund details will also be shared.
How to Cancel The Home Depot Order via Phone
If you want to cancel and get a refund for your The Home Depot order through phone support, remember to follow the suggested steps below.
- First you have to get in touch with the customer care team by calling them at 1-800-430-3376. Support via phone is available from Monday to Sunday, from 6 AM to 2 AM ET.
- Navigate through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) menus and proceed to talk to a live agent.
- Provide the customer care representative with your original order and payment information and ask for order cancellation. The live agent may further ask you the reason for your cancellation.
- Once all the necessary information related to your order is provided to the live agent, your order will be cancelled.
- After cancellation, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered phone number and email address along with the refund details.
How to Cancel The Home Depot Order via Returns
If you were unable to cancel your order within the 45-minute time frame provided by the company, then you have to follow the required steps below to get a refund.
- First, you have to allow your ordered items to get delivered to your doorstep. Once delivered, call 1-800-455-3869.
- Proceed to talk to a live agent and ask the customer care representative to start a UPS return. Do remember to provide your order and payment details before doing so.
- The live agent will create a scheduled pickup for returning your ordered items and the time for the scheduled pickup will also be communicated to you.
- Once the scheduled pickup is complete and the ordered items return to The Home Depot warehouse, you will receive a confirmation message on your email address or phone number.
- Lastly, you will receive refund details for the same as well.