Orange Spain, which was previously called Amena, is a telecommunications company that was established in 2006. And with a customer base exceeding 11 million, it is also one of the most reliable mobile network providers in Spain. The company primarily focused on offering 4G/LTE services to its customers. And with its recent launch of 5G, the company has already made its mark as one of the best 5G network providers in Spain.
There can be multiple instances when you might not be happy with the network services provided by Orange Spain – either due to a lack of coverage or because plans are overpriced in general. For instance, according to OpenSignal, Orange Spain has an overall 5G availability of just 9.6 per cent, which can be pretty dismal. This means more than 90 per cent of Spain does not have Orange’s 5G coverage.
Furthermore, as Orange Spain’s 5G network can only be utilised by postpaid customers as of now, prepaid customers have to look for a better mobile network carrier elsewhere. While we hope that such a limitation may change soon, there is no denying that the company should have provided the service for prepaid users from the beginning.
Thus, if any of the aforementioned issues have been bothering you or you have your qualms with the services of Orange Spain, then it is high time you make the switch. However, before you go ahead with your deactivation, we need to remind you this. For starters, if you have an ongoing contract with the company – whether it is six months or more – you have to pay an early termination fee if you cancel your number before the maturity date.
Additionally, if you are on a postpaid plan, remember to settle your final bill. Your final bill will be served to you once you register your deactivation request. Non-payment of the final bill can be severe since you have to pay penalties for the same. Therefore, if you want to avoid any troubles, it is advisable to pay any pending dues and obtain a record of proof that can be produced during any litigation process. With that being said, let us now jump on to the various steps you need to follow to deactivate your Orange Spain number.
How to Cancel Orange Spain Number via Phone
If you are looking to cancel or deactivate your Orange Spain number through the company’s phone support, then you can do so by following the steps below.
- Start the deactivation process by calling the customer care team at 1470 from your Orange Spain number. Phone lines are open between 8 AM and 11 PM, from Monday to Saturday.
- Navigate through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) menus and choose to talk to a live customer representative.
- Once the customer service agent connects to the call, ask for deactivation. You will be required to first state your name and number and verify your identity using the Government of Spain’s DNI or NIE ID.
- After the verification is complete, the customer service agent will ask you the reason for your deactivation. You can proceed to briefly explain your experience, and thereafter, you can put forward your final request for deactivation. Ignore any special offers that the customer service agent may entice you with because they will always try to retain their customers.
- Once the cancellation request is registered, you will receive a confirmation message on your phone. The customer service agent will also let you know the effective date of deactivation.
How to Cancel Orange Spain Number via WhatsApp
If you want to deactivate your Orange Spain number simply by messaging through WhatsApp, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Start a chat session with the support team at 653 85 00 85 from your WhatsApp account. Agents are available round the clock.
- Proceed to put forward your request for number deactivation with the connected live agent by providing your name, residential address, the number you want to deactivate, and a scanned copy of your DNI or NIE ID.
- The customer service agent will first verify your details with their internal database and, upon successful verification, will ask you the reason for your cancellation.
- Proceed to explain your poor experience with Orange Spain’s network to the connected agent, and henceforth ask for a seamless deactivation.
- Once the customer service agent registers your deactivation request, you will receive a confirmation message on your WhatsApp number as well as on your Orange Spain number. Additionally, you can also inquire about the effective date of deactivation.
How to Cancel Orange Spain Number at Store
If you want to cancel your Orange Spain number by visiting a company store near you, then follow the recommended steps below.
- To locate an Orange Spain store nearby, you have to use the online store locator here.
- Once you have found your preferred store, head over to it with your mobile phone, which contains your Orange Spain SIM card and your DNI/NIE ID.
- Ask the store representative for the deactivation process, and the agent will guide you through the process. Do note that first, you have to verify your identity using your government-backed ID.
- Once identity verification is complete, you might be required to fill out a form containing your name, address, the number you want to cancel, the reason for cancellation, and your signature.
- After you submit the service termination form, a confirmation message will be sent to your mobile phone. Additional details, such as the effective date of deactivation and pending dues (if any), will be shared in due time.