Fast-food chain KFC’s popularity in Australia goes back a couple of decades when the company first opened its store in Melbourne in 1968. Back in the day, fried chicken recipes posed an alien concept, especially to the beach-life of most Australians. But KFC, with their ‘secret ingredients’, made fried chicken go mainstream, ultimately making itself one of the country’s most ubiquitous fast food brands.
Today, there are more than 700 KFC restaurants scattered across Australia, serving a variety of fried chicken dishes, along with burgers, salads, twisters, sides, and desserts. KFC Australia is also known for their mashed potato and coleslaw recipes, usually served as popular accompaniments to the chicken. The company’s 60-year history in Australia has also allowed it to tailor its product choices based on local tastes, creating unique recipes and dishes over time.
If you are a regular KFC customer in Australia or an occasional eater who loves their fried chicken recipes, it is crucial that you get to enjoy quality food every time. But if you feel that is certainly not the case as of late, then sharing your grievances with the company’s customer support may be fruitful in bringing in an overall improvement.
What are the Ways to Make a Complaint
If you want to share your negative experience at a KFC restaurant, then you can easily do so by following the below-mentioned process.
Complaining Over the Phone
- First, you need to give a call to KFC Australia’s customer support at 1800 065 128.
- While on call, select the appropriate option to speak to a customer care executive.
- Once a support representative connects to your call, provide your name and state that you want to register a complaint. If the complaint is related to an order, then state the order number, the date of order, the store or outlet from which you purchased, and the feedback you want to share regarding your negative experience.
- After listening to your complaint, you will be asked to either wait for an official response from the company’s customer support or a solution will be provided by the representative over the phone.
- Head over to the official ‘Contact Us’ web page for KFC Australia here.
- The primary step involves stating your full name, and then you need to select ‘Complaint’ under ‘What Can We Help You With Today’. Once done, select the type of complaint that you want to register. For instance, if it is about food quality, then choose ‘Product Quality’ from the drop-down menu and select the specific type of food quality issue that you faced during your time at KFC.
- After that, you need to select your type of visit (takeaway, drive-through, or delivery), the date and time of your order placement, the order number, and the complaint you want to share. Additionally, you also need to share your phone number and email address for communication purposes.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit’ and your complaint will be registered successfully. Now, all you have to do is wait for a follow-up message from the customer support team.
Complaining at Nearest Outlet
- Before you can register your complaint, you need to find a KFC outlet near you. To do that, visit the official website here.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on the ‘Find A KFC’ option. A pop-up window will open, and you will be required to type in the name of your suburb or postcode for your region. Alternatively, you can also use the ‘Use My Location’ option to automatically allow your web browser to detect your current location.
- Doing so will provide you with a number of outlet options that you can visit. Choose your preferred store and head over there.
- At the store or outlet, talk to the head receptionist and register your complaint using your phone number, email address, and order ID. After that, you need to ask for solutions.
The head receptionist will then provide you with a resolution on the spot or will ask you to wait for an official response from the company’s customer care later on your phone or email ID.
Some Common Customer Grievances
KFC Australia has always prioritized best quality products and stellar customer service. But, sometimes, things do not go as planned, and as a result, the reputation of the company suffers.
Starting with the online ordering process through the official KFC Australia app, customers complain how the app is slow, buggy, and unpleasant to use, ultimately lowering the user experience. The frustration continues when some customers cannot make successful payment transactions online for their orders via the app, either via debit or credit cards or any other online payment methods, leading to failed orders and a waste of precious time.
Complaints have also been registered regarding how the online-only deals or combos are misleading or manipulating, where customers are served with low-quality products, eroding the customer trust built over the past decades. And on top of that, some customers received their orders late and cold, which ultimately questions the value proposition, especially for the prices that the company is charging.
It is clear that KFC Australia needs improvement, not only for their ordering app but also for the overall ordering or eating experience, because that is what creates a loyal fanbase. And your complaint might be a catalyst for starting that transformation.