With more than ten million customers worldwide, Netspend is one of the largest prepaid debit card providers out there. And the Netspend Visa Prepaid Card can prove to be a simple option for enabling transaction payments without needing a traditional bank account.
Like any other prepaid card, it uses funds that the cardholder already has in his or her account, thereby negating the need for extended credit. As a result, the cardholder’s credit score does not get impacted, and the vetting process does not involve a credit check either.
One of the major benefits of obtaining the Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is that you incur no card purchase fee when signing up online. You also do not have to worry about maintaining a minimum balance, late payment fees, activation fees, or interest rates. Do note that foreign transactions attract a fee. There are two monthly plans that you can choose from – one being the $0 pay-as-you-go plan and the other being $5 or $9.95 per month.
For purchase transaction fees, the pay-as-you-go plan will charge you $1.50 for signature and PIN transactions, while the monthly plan will not incur charges. There is also a $0.50 ATM balance inquiry fee, a $2.95 ATM withdrawal fee, and a $3.95 cash reload fee with both the pay-as-you-go and monthly plans. Lastly, Netspend will also charge a fee of $5.95 per month for card inactivity.
How to Get Your Netspend Prepaid Card
Obtaining the Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is a straightforward process, as you can either apply for it online or purchase it at an available retail location (either through CVS Pharmacy or Walmart stores). During the application process, you need to provide your name, address, date of birth, and a government-backed ID.
Since the Netspend Visa Prepaid Card requires no credit check, anyone can apply for it. However, the applicant must be at least 18 years of age and should be able to prove his or her identity.
Once you receive your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card, either in the mail (within 10 business days of application) or through a retail location purchase, you will be able to activate it instantly. To do that, follow the recommended steps provided below.
1) How to Activate Netspend Prepaid Card Online
If you want to activate your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card online through the official website, then you can do so by following the given steps below.
- First, you need to visit the official Netspend activation website here.
- On the landing page, you need to provide the card number along with the security code. The card number is the 16-digit code that can be found engraved on the front of the card, and the security code is a 3-digit code that is found on the back of your card. Once done, hit “Continue.”
- After that, you need to verify your identity. To do that, you have to provide your name, address, email address, date of birth, and a scanned photo of a government-backed ID.
- The online system will then verify the information provided by you, and once the verification is complete, your card will be activated.
- Now you have to load money onto your new Netspend Visa Prepaid Card and start using it right away.
2) How to Activate Netspend Prepaid Card via Phone
If you are looking to activate your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card via phone, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Start the activation process by first calling Netspend customer care at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363). The phone line is toll-free and open from 8 AM to 10 PM Central on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and 8 AM to 8 PM on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
- Navigate through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) menus and proceed to select the option to talk to a customer care representative.
- Once the live agent connects to your call, ask for assistance in your card activation process. The representative will first verify your identity, for which you need to provide your name, date of birth, address, and a government-backed ID.
- After completion of the identity verification process, you need to provide your card number, and the customer care agent will activate the card in your name.
- Once activation is complete, you can load cash onto your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card and start using it for purchases.
3) How to Activate Netspend Prepaid Card via Email
If you want to activate your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card through the official Netspend email address, then follow the subsequent steps judiciously.
- Begin by first drafting an email containing your name, date of birth, residential address, and a scanned photocopy of your government-backed ID. Also, in the email, mention that you want to activate your new Netspend Visa Prepaid Card and provide the card number.
- Once you have drafted the email, send it to [email protected].
- After Netspend’s customer care team receives your email, your identity will be verified, and then the prepaid card will be activated in your name.
- Once the activation is complete, you will receive a confirmation message on your email address.
- Lastly, load up money on your prepaid card and start using it right away.