Booked a flight but facing irreversible circumstances that are causing you to cancel your flight? Don’t sweat, we’ve streamlined some easy to follow steps that will help you to cancel your flight in a hassle-free way!
Qatar Airways is one of the world’s youngest and best international airlines, serving six continents. Qatar Airways (QR) was named “Airline of the Year” in 2017 and is also known for being one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. Qatar Airways, the country’s state-owned flag carrier, is headquartered in Doha’s Qatar Airways Tower. From its base at Doha – Hamad International Airport, the airline operates a fleet of more than 180 aircraft. When Qatar Airways joined the prestigious Oneworld Alliance in 2013, it became the first major Gulf carrier to do so.
Qatar Airways serves a wide range of global destinations. By 2014, the airline was serving an estimated 146 destinations worldwide. Today, it has surpassed that mark and routinely serves more than 150 global destinations. Some of the top routes include London, Johannesburg, Dhaka, Cairo, Kuwait, Dubai, JFK, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington, Frankfurt, Sydney, Melbourne, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Tehran, Dublin, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Amsterdam, Auckland, Moscow, Cape Town, Seoul, Bangkok and Istanbul.
What you Should Know about Refunds and Cancellation
Airline passengers are sometimes forced to cancel their tickets due to unforeseeable or unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, passengers should not be concerned because Qatar Airways has a clear and structured cancellation and refund policy in place to guide them through the booking process. Going over the policy ahead of time will allow travelers to save the value of their tickets and even obtain the full refund amount if the ticket is canceled within the predefined time period.
To avoid paying a penalty, you must cancel your ticket at least 3 hours before departure. The refund will be credited to your original payment method and currency of payment. If you purchased your ticket directly from Qatar Airways, you can cancel it and request a refund online or by calling Qatar Airways. If you purchased your ticket from a third party travel agent or any other online platform, you must contact them directly to cancel your ticket and receive a refund. Refund penalties and no-show fees are waived if you cancel your ticket prior to departure.
Qatar Airways offers ticket cancellation in under 24 hours for flights to or from the United States. This policy allows you to hold your flight reservation for up to 24 hours without paying anything. After you have paid for your ticket, the standard rules will apply.
Cancellation Through Website
- Start by visiting the airline’s website at www.qatarairways.com.
- Once you have, go to the drop-down menu, and choose the “Manage Trips” option.
- After that, put in your full name and e-ticket number correctly.
- The subsequent screen would then verify and confirm if you want to cancel your reservation. After choosing the “confirm” or “continue” option, your booking will be canceled, and you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket number and any pending funds after any probable cancellation charges.
- At last, choose the relevant flight you would like to cancel and click Cancel Qatar Airways Flight to finish the process.
Cancellation Through Phone Helpline
- First and foremost, dial the phone helpline in your region. You can call +974 4144 5555 (Qatar), +1 877 777 2827 (India), +44 330 912 7415 (UK) or +91 95129 72827 (India).
- Contact the airline to cancel your reservation. Follow the instructions on the automated phone system.
- Then, after speaking with a live person, you can request the flight cancellation.
Cancellation Through Airport
- Travel to the airport, where you will be boarding the flight.
- You must go to the Qatar Airways Airport Ticket Office.
- You can speak with a Qatar Airways executive in person and request that your flight tickets be canceled. The refund will be given to the same debit or credit card used to make the payment.