Contact for US Visa/Embassy: Find below contact details for US visa, including phone and address. You can reach the below contact for queries on new visa, status, renewal or others. Besides contact details the page also offers information and links on US visa services.

US Visa Customer Care
(202) 663-1225: General Visa Enquiries
603-334-0700: Immigrant Visa Enquiries

Business Visa
Phone: 202-663-3198
Email: [email protected]

For US Citizens
From within the U.S. 1-888-407-4747
From outside the U.S. 1-202-501-4444

US Passport Center Contact
TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Email: [email protected]
To check passport status online click here

Visa Office Address
Visa Office
Immigrant Visa Control and Reporting Division
2401 E. Street NW, Room L415
Washington, DC 20520

Contact US State Department
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Phone: 202-647-4000

US Visa Application Forms

1) Nonimmigrant visa applicants except for K, N, S, T & U categories must submit DS-160 form which you can access by clicking here. When you begin a new DS-160 form, you will be issued a unique application ID number after inputting all answers. You can save your form and return any time during the process. After completing the form print and keep the barcode page which you need to sumbit at the US Embassy nearest to your place.

2) For nonimmigrant visa (K, N, S, T, U category applications) click here.

3) For immigrant visa applications and all other related forms click here. Immigrant visas are for people who wish to enter the US and reside there permanently.

US Visa Fees
To know more about US visa fees whether it is for nonimmigrant visa application, petition based visa or permanent visas click here

US Visa Photo Requirements
For US Visa photo requirements click here

US Visa Documents
1) Carry the barcode and confirmation interview page which you get after submitting the form
2) Your passport which is valid for at least 6 months.
3) Photographs that meets the requirements.

How To Apply
1) Firstly fill the visa application form found at the link here.
2) After filling out the form, print the barcode that you get after the form submission.
3) Then schedule an appointment for your visa interview. It is recommended to schedule your interview 2 weeks in advance.
4) Visit the nearest US Embassy and pay the consular fee. If your visa is approved, you can pick up your passport the next business day at the local US Embassy.

US Waiver Program (countries that do not require US Visa)
The US Visa Waiver Program enables nationals of the below countries to travel to US for tourism or business for stays of 90 days max.

Andorra, Hungary, New Zealand, Australia, Iceland, Norway, Austria, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, San Marino, Brunei, Japan, Singapore, Czech Republic, Latvia, Slovakia, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, South Korea, Finland, Luxembourg, Spain, France, Malta, Sweden, Germany, Monaco , Switzerland, Greece, the Netherlands and United Kingdom

Types of US Visa
1) Athletes, amateur & professional – B1
2) Au pairs (exchange visitor) – J
3) Australian professional speciality – E-3
4) Border Crossing Card – BCC
5) Business Visitors – B1
6) Crewmembers – D
7) Diplomats – A
8) Domestic Employees – B1
9) Exchange Visitors – J
10) Foreign Military Personnel stationed in US – A2 NATO 1-6
11) Foreign nationals with extroadinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Business – O
12) Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professionals – H1B1
13) International Cultural Exchange Visitors – Q
14) Intra-company Transferees – L
15) Medical Treatment – B2
16) Media, Journalists – I
17) NAFTA professional workers – TN/TD
18) Performing Athletes, Artists – P
19) Physician – J
20 Professor, Scholar – J
21) Religious Workers – R
22) Students – F, M
23) Temporary Agricultural Workers – H-2A
24) Tourism, Vacation – B2
25) Treaty Traders – E
26) Transiting in US – C
27) Victims of Human Trafficiking – T

About US Visa
Any citizen of a foreign country wishing to enter the US must first obtain a visa from a US Embassy or Consulate abroad. You can obtain either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The Secretary of State and the Secretary of Homeland Security is responsible for the approval of all immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. To locate a US Embassy at your city/country click here.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *